Saturday, August 25, 2007

25/8/07

Hey I’m back at Redding been here for a couple of hours. San Francisco was really cool we stayed at the JHOP house which is a large flat with a lot of rooms and a lot of people living there including one with a child. In a week or two they going to have interns there so all the rooms will be full. I was there just in time to meet Jesse Engle cause he will be moving to JHOP KC and get involved with The Call Institute there, It was such an honour to get to hang out with him as well as the other guys there, I’ve looked up to him for all my Christian life after watching or hearing him pray at the Call Washington often times his prayer along with the girl’s prayer would provoke me to tears, well any way.

I only to got hang out with them late last night cause we got there around 8 or 9 or maybe 7 I dunno they were out eating Pakistani food they were all half asleep except Roger who’s the guy who will be leading right after Jesse leaves, the other guy ended up falling asleep on the floor while supposedly hanging out with us in the living room. (Oh yeah there’s a lot of great art in their living room and Jambes and guitars lying around everywhere). So after an hour or so we went to bed.

This morning I went to the living room to get my laptop and I found 2 of Lou Engle’s books and 3 of his CDs with a note that they were for me. That’s so amazing not only did God allow me to meet these Kingdom people I look up to (even considering all the places I’ve visited and people I heard teach and preach and worship some of the top people of our emerging movement as well as older people) He also keeps blessing me with book which He knows I love and will use. The 2 books he gave me I already read but I didn’t own (Pat did u get ur Elijah revolution book? In case you can have mine) same with 2 of the CDs I had a copy of them. It’s funny to hear Lou sing with his coarse voice.

The house is right in Haight street so we went around that street just past Haight n Ashbury (The origin of the counter cultural revolution) there’s nothing to it just 4 normal street corners. But one thing that’s different is I’ve never seen so many eastern gods for sale in shop windows in shop windows along with Crystals and stuff like that, it’s really bad, there’s also a lot of homeless people all over I think some of them might still be left over from the summer of love (which by the way has it’s 40th anniversary on the 2nd September).

There’s a lot of cool shop windows graffiti all over, the wall to the side of the JHOP building is known world wide apparently Cause they call in all the Pro graffiti artists to work on it and people come to take photo shoots here, I took a couple of pictures from the window.

Oh I forgot I got to talk to Roger this morning cause I didn’t really get to talk last night and he started talking to me about all these books I should read and gave me his contact info, He also has a heart to do some work with a magazine or something of that sort “Revolutions always started with the printed media” (He’s the 3rd person I’ve talked to or heard of who wants to do a magazine) and he’s very much into Justice obviously he wouldn’t be at Justice house of prayer if he wasn’t. He started talking to me about white slavery and human trafficking…

Anyway later we went down to Mission Street which is where “all the free thinking young people are” it wasn’t really that great there’s some sculpture and stuff but maybe it’s also cause we didn’t walk through it we just drove through. We went to eat at a Nepalese Restaurant it was good, I saw the first Buddhist monk ever I think. After eating we started our way back home over the Golden Gate Bridge, I saw Alcatraz I tried to act like a tourist and took a few pictures. So I have something to show you guys, didn’t get a good picture of Alcatraz only from a distance the railing on the bridge was too high for our low car.

I think that’s it for today peace to all of you maybe you be blessed with the ever lasting love of our Father.

No comments: