Saturday, August 18, 2007

18/8/07

Hey yesterday I went with Michelle to the Friday night service, Rick Peno was doing worship. It was Amazing! A major part of the worship was like this, he would see a picture of something and he would just sing it out like He saw Jesus with a bucket of oil so he started singing about Jesus smearing His name over us.



I danced and danced for the most part I just didn’t care what people thought and let go, at some points id get a bit conscious and would slow down a bit. The best and fun(est) part was when he started singing this song:



I’ve got the best dad

in the whole world

in the whole world



I’ve got the best dad

in the whole world

in the whole world



I’ve got the best dad

in the whole world

in the whole world



the other part was something like this but not sure of the exact words



My dad can,

beat your daddy up



My dad can,

beat your daddy up



there was another part at some point which said im not afraid of no bully



any way it was awesome, and there were a lot of people drunk in the spirit so at some points that made the whole thing even more fun. Here’s a good and fun place to get drunk in the spirit. There’s this one girl she laughs so loud and she laugh kinda like a mixture between a donkey and a chicken so u can just try to picture that. I had seen her last week before homeless outreach and I actually thought she was handicap but it turned out she is normal just has a lot of joy and laughs very loud and all the other stuff with that.



I noticed that part of the drunkenness is letting go, like you can choose to control yourself or you can decide to just let go, obviously not all react the same, I for example don’t get that maybe some day I will. But even if im dancing I can choose to control myself or I can choose to just let go which is ultimately more fun and more powerful.



After worship I joined the others for the night strike, it took us a long time before we left the service had already finished, we just prayed over each other before we left, locals over visitors and visitors over locals and people prophesying over each other, people drunk, Erika was leading and she was basically drunk but she can sober up quite quickly.



We went bought some doughnuts and went to the greyhound station. Before the bus came we hung out inside and talked to people there. Erika and someone else were talking to this man and his mother. The guy had just been talking to his mom about how he had fallen away from God the day before, so he re-committed his life to Christ there and then and he shared his testimony out loud in the station.



Some went on the buses gave out doughnuts, talked with people, prayed with people. One lady sang for the people on the bus, it was very good apparently. There was one guy who had just come out of prison and was going back home, he got saved in prison and was going back home where his old friends were, so he was a bit worried about that so Erica just prophesied over him and prayed and stuff. His girlfriend was a few seats back on the bus, he used to beat her up and stuff and she still had stitch marks and stuff from what I heard, Erica spoke to her about how she needed to forgive him but it didn’t mean she would have to trust him… By the time they left the bus these 2 were on the same seat crying.



There was quite some stuff that happened there but I wasn’t there so I don’t know al the details. I stayed inside the station since I started talking to this one guy before the bus came. Some people had tried to talk to him but he was really hard. He had just come from an eastern orthodox monastery, but he said he didn’t know how to pray spontaneously so I asked him what he thought prayed was. He couldn’t understand my accent so I told him I that I was a foreigner and that’s how we started just chatting and stuff.



So we talked about why he had converted to eastern orthodox, traditions, what it was like to be in a country where everyone else is from a different religion, travelling, Europe and here, politics, anything. The most important part was when he started talking about struggling with sin so I mentioned Romans 6-8 and talked about freedom from sin in Christ. That we are holy not because we make ourselves holy but be cause he comes to live in us and his holy nature takes over our sinful nature. And talked about when you are just struggling with a particular sin the best thing to do is not fight it off but to look to Christ meditate on Him and he will do the fighting for you. Talked a bit about holy Spirit asked if I could pray to Him about it but he wouldn’t let me so I asked if I could pray when I was home and he said yes.



After that I went outside and around a bit, met a homeless guy outside who told me he just got out of prison because he had a seizure so I asked if I could pray for him to get healed from that and he said go ahead so I did. He looked kind of drunk red skin and red eyes and stuff but he said he was on medication so he couldn’t function properly. A friend of his came out and I talked to him for a bit and asked if there was anything I could pray for him about and he said his girlfriend gets seizures all the time and that she had already had three that day. So I called the lady that had been singing and we prayed while we were praying she got another seizure so we kept praying and worshiping with them but then we just let them go cause they needed to go somewhere for the night.



The others all came out ready to leave at this point, James the first homeless guy I prayed for got prayed for by everyone else and he committed his life to Christ, I hope that was sincere and God does a great work in Him. Another lady a friend of his who had been out of town for a few months came with her drink cursing at him in a friendly manner, and he asked her if she wanted to pray and she said they had a date for Friday at church. Some prayed with her as well. She was telling us how she remembered Erica because some months ago she had Gone there with brownies for everyone and how she was blessed by that. Then we all shared some testimonies and prayed and went home.



This morning I went out with the homeless ministry to California apartments, nothing much happened we just fed people quite a few kids which can be fun especially when they keep coming to ask for more brownies (I don’t blame them). We went back with leftover brownies and some salad so I dug into the brownies.



Tonight we are eating pizza with Michelle’s siblings and the couple we went to yaks with this week from Austin Texas (they don’t have such a strong accent just in case you were wondering).



Peace



Oh yes I just remembered yesterday during worship I kind of felt God tell me that for now I should let go of North Africa, start things going in Malta and then we’ll see what happens from there. I’m still not sure about that yet, but I wanted to let you guys know. I might start working on the drugs rehab thing or a discipleship house, don’t know yet. Yeah pray bout that and for all the provision needed. (and maybe a passionately supportive wife lol)

No comments: