Saturday, August 11, 2007

11/8/07

Hey umm, sooo. These last three days have been pretty good, very relaxed, stayed at home all day Thursday and yesterday stayed home till 2pm. So I quite some time to read, been trying to finish some of the books Fabian lent me so I would be able to give them back by the time I leave.

I dunno if I told u but Monday I bought 11 books from IHOP, so im well supplied with books. Some people also gave me books before I left fire and even before I left malta so I think I have 25 books im carrying around at the moment.

Im talking bout book coz today I went to bethel bookstore only had a look from the outside coz it was closed but there’s already a whole bunch of books id like to get. So what I thought would be a good idea is to ask u guys, if there are bethel books you have so I wont buy them, at least that will save me some money and weight. So please let me know which books u have from here so I wont buy, thank you.

Ok so what else?

Well yesterday I went to bethel for the first time it’s pretty big from the outside, but they have a lot of large rooms so the actual meeting place for services is not that huge, it’s smaller than IHOP’s at least, it fits around 2000 people. John Mark McMillan and his wife Sarah McMillan (formerly Kelly for those who know her music) were leading worship, they were just visiting, it’s good stuff, got into it right away and well u know just worship it’s not like a concert or something.

Eric Johnson (Bill’s son) spoke he’s really good talked about pursuing God’s promises no matter how long it takes. He is 85% deaf in each ear so he uses hearing aids, u can tell a bit by his voice as well, but this guy has seen a ton of people healed especially deaf people. And that’s basically what he talked about, every deaf person healed is a day closer to his healing, not because he is trying to get points but because his pursuit for healing (his pain) is what stirs him on to heal the sick, he made reference to cyclists how they use their pain to push themselves onwards. I recorded the msg but I cant put it online for now.

I wanted to go out with people for the night strike last night but I missed it, ill go next time.

This morning went a bit to the prayer room then I went to the main building to wait for the meeting with people who were going out to feed homeless and poor. I was a bit hungry so I tried buying a snickers from a machine but it wasn’t working, after a few seconds another 2 guys came and they were going to buy some I told them it didn’t work coz I tried, so they invited me to go buy something with them, first I wasn’t sure then I just went. We went to subway I got a foot long meat ball roll, was good but one guy wouldn’t let me pay had a short discussion until he said can I bless u and I said yes but and then it dawned on me what I had just said so I said ok.

Went out with the homeless ministry but they have 7 different groups going to different places, I went to Brookside apartment buildings, they are cheap apartments so people there aren’t homeless but very poor, so we set up a table with food and drinks. Two guys stayed with the table to feed people but for the most part there was only one guy there and the other just played with the kids from the apartments coz there weren’t that many people. The other three went door to door inviting people to come and also praying for people’s needs.

We prayed with one lady with flu another with a broken leg and another lady who had all sorts of stuff wrong with her: broken back, something wrong with feet, lost teeth and wrist. So we prayed for her back first then the other guy with me felt there was something wrong with her feet coz she hadn’t told us so we both prayed for her feet. Then we stood and asked her if there is something she cannot do so she can test herself, she said I cannot hold pans and she started telling us what was wrong with her wrist, so we prayed for her wrist and told her to test it, she went and held the pan, she said well there’s no pain at all, then after a sec she said well there is a bit but I couldn’t do that at all yesterday. So yay God we believe if her wrist was healed he also healed the rest.

We prayed with another guy not sure why coz I hadn’t been talking to him I just joined in prayer but it had something to do with football or something, I think maybe an injury, any way we prayed with him, he was really blessed, he seemed to me like he was holding back tears, but I don’t know exactly.

God bless u guys that’s it for today.