Sunday, August 5, 2007

05/08/07

Hey hows it goin?

Yesterday I went to eat at Angel and Barry’s place (angel is eve’s sister and for those who do not know Ben and eve are an American couple back Home). The Kids are so sweet did get to see the youngest coz she was sleeping, the oldest (Emily) first wouldn’t look at me then asked her mum if I was a girl or a boy she told he to ask me. Then she turned to me and said “are you a girl?” I started shaking my head coz I could speak while attempting not to laugh. She drew 2 pictures and gave one to Dan and one to me. (how sweet)

We had good conversation talking bout living the Kingdom, healing the sick raising the dead… also talked bout Calvinism and armenianism which a subject that seem to keep coming up everywhere I go even at FIRE, I believe they are both extremes and there is something in between. It also came up while talking to a girl on the stret that evening.

Yesterday we went out with the evangelism team. It was intense stuff a lot more people came out then usual. But it was intense like there were 2 atheists attacking Paul who was preaching, lets’ call it debating not attacking. But it was so hard to reason with them coz when they used science we used science and they rejected it, when they mentioned other religions we talked bout other religions, when they talked bout morality we talked bout God’s law, they’d refer to history but if we referred to history it wasn’t good enough. It was really hard, another guy came later and they’re so closed minded even though im sure that’s what they think of us as well.

Prayed with quite a few people, there was a group of people interning at Heartland community church don’t know what that is but yeah we just prayed together with them and more and more people would join us in prayer, good stuff. Had a few good conversation even just with Christians.

There was one group of 3 guys, this guy who came out with us was like “My life was like this, I slept with any girl I could get into my team, smoked pot, drank as much as I could…” they were like “Yeah, Yeah” then he said “but now Jesus Changed my life, im married and don’t sleep around anymore, quit drinking…” then they asked a few questions, and I joined in, noticed they thought they were saved so I tried to focus on freedom of sin, that if u are truly saved u are no longer a slave to sin, they were like “Yeah, Yeah, we’re on the same page”, yes right, hmmm anyway we prayed with them that God would reveal himself to them, they left then.

We got back late, at 12:30 or so I was at IHOP, since yesterday they moved back to the actual prayer room which is very close to where I live, I stayed for the night watch till 4 am. Was good, there was quite a few people considering the time of night and people kept coming and going I saw people just get there at 3:30. There were even men and women with their young babies less than 6 months old going round the prayer room, one of the was the wife of Clay Edwards (Misty’s brother), she had a session at 4am and it seemed so natural to be there with kids.

Went home slept till 9:30 or so and got up started getting ready for church service, Wes Hall preached, powerful stuff bout living the Kingdom now while looking for the coming Kingdom not looking only for something in the future, expecting it now and living it now but also looking for the future glory. He made a comment about how people cannot be bothered with religion or Christ because it is not at all real. And that we need to start living the Kingdom, seeing the sick healed and dead raised as part of our daily life.

In the after noon I signed up for the prophetic rooms, I went and they prophesied over me, some of it just confirmed what I others had prophesied over me throughout the week, but other stuff I never expected and they all focused on the on the thing that I did not expect and see in me. I know they were right coz my heart went ablaze as they spoke but I just never expected what they said, wasn’t something I really pictured my self being. Any way its good.

In the evening I went to the Boiler room with a guy called Benjamin He is a Jesus stoner/ semi-hippie and a few of his friends, he is a good friend of Dan and Dan wasn’t goin to he offered to pick me up. He is a really sweet guy he is goin to be a missionary going throughout central America planting houses of prayer, so pray for that.

The boiler is such a blend of stoners, punks, junkies and standard people it’s amazing, I don’t think there is even one person over 30 years old, most have this weird style of clothes but they’re cool. I was there for worship this time which I missed last time, they have liturgies something we do not see in churches most of the time, but the liturgies are just praying of scripture together, one guy leads and the others join in for parts of it, like what they do in the catholic church. It was interesting, they also had a meditation on worship songs, or scripture, u know like the practice of the presence of God. They also had an old hymn, something you would not normally picture a group of 60 young adults doing.

Adam one of the leaders shared, and he played this dvd of a guy giving a message about the greatness of God and the smallness of man using pictures of the universe and how He created the heavens to worship Him and reveal his glory, and yet this God gave his life for us (ill add something myself here, this God who created this huge universe lives inside us). Adam then spoke bout how this God is always with us no matter what we are going through and that we should trust Him.

After we were done, I talked to this one guy who is 26 years old but seemed younger then me. He quit school at 17 and has been travelling ever since, he said that it is almost addictive because you don’t have responsibilities or ties, I think he was a bit grieved by the fact that he couldn’t set his roots anywhere. He has only been here for a couple of days. Pray that he might get more of the peace of God in his life and clearer direction from him.

I went into the prayer room, it’s a very simple room, they have a map of the world in there and they put needles in places where they know there are missionaries or other Christian who are making an impact for Jesus. There is a need le on Malta guess coz some of them know Ben an Eve.

We left there and went to Panchos (Mexican restaurant) for a Burrito. Was good but very greasy, the chicken tasted good but looked more like tuna.

Im at the prayer room now writing this, the internet is not working here so ill have to go around a bit to find a good spot. Today’s was a very long email sorry bout that.

Tomorrow evening I leave for Redding.

No comments: