Tuesday, July 31, 2007

31/7/07

Hey. Yesterday I went out with the homeless ministry, it was amazing, especially what happened there.

On our way there I was in a van with 2 more guys and an older lady, there was another van with a lot more people. So u know typically they asked a lor of questions about Malta and Christianity in Malta (I wrote here but I remembered Im not there) so I answered their questions and stuff. The old lady was telling me that she is from LA, orange county area, she said that she never went out of that area until she was 71 when she moved to KC. That was quite interesting; she knew that God really wanted her to be here.

Nothing special I just talked to a couple of guys, not even witnessing, I just let them talk. They like to talk.

First guy I talked to said he was a historian (I think he mostly meant that he was in love with history). He is not homeless but lives on government relief probably coz of some kind of mental handicap. He was telling me how his favourite period in history was the renaissance, and his favourite family was the ‘De Medici’ who are also known as the godfathers or renaissance. He had the whole lineage of the family from the beginning when they started a bakery till Ferdinand II who was the Grand Duke of Tuscany in the period of Galileo Galilei. He was telling me about their connections to Galileo, Michelangelo and others. He also told me that one of them sent an assassination squad to kill the pope so that he could become a pope himself. Anyway it was interesting.

The other guy loved numbers memorizing and stuff like that. He memorized the amount of counties in each state and in some cases he also memorized the amount of counties starting with each letter of the alphabet. So the first thing he got me to do was to quiz him, it was amazing I think he barely got any wrong, actually I don’t think he did get any what he did get wrong was names after guessing the amount with each letter he would tell me the names, he got most of them but some he forgot. Still I was awe struck I mean it would be like memorizing the name of each street in a town in Malta. I don’t even know the name of the street next to our house (I don’t mean the one I live in). obviously it is all useless information and that’s why I don’t really care much to know that.

Then he showed me a kind of poster which he designed to help him memorize the amount of counties in each state and the date they came into the union. He put them in order starting with those that were colonies then the others starting I forgot the name but it has 14 counties and was born either on the 14 February or it was the 14th state to enter the union. He used a lot of symbols for example he used a triangle to symbolize 3, he used a 5 pointed star to symbolize 5, a heart to symbolize 14 (14 February), a pumpkin for 31st October, stuff like that which if u pay attention really does help u memorize stuff. For example I remember there are 254 counties in Texas, California was born on the 9th septhember and has 58 counties, North Carolina has 100 counties and Louisiana has 64. stuff like that.

He was teaching me this stuff, and drew a simplified map of the US then at the end he started asking the others there to quiz me and he was really proud of me coz he’s been trying to teach this stuff to the ones who go there every time he goes there and since most people aren’t really interested the never learn so apparently I learnt more in the 45 mins I was with him then most of the others who lived in the states all their lives. So this guy was a mathematician but unfortunately he cannot spell and since he lived before people tried to help people with dyslexia he ended up living on relief, there might also be some other mental issues but I dunno.

All the time im talking to these guys Im thinking of how beautiful they are, in fact Jason Upton’s new CD called Beautiful People has the face of a bum on the front cover and I kept remembering the song and thinking how beautiful these people are in the eyes of God and how they have been pushed aside simply coz of a small handicap.

On our way back I was in the same van with the same people so they started praying over Malta and then me and then they prophesied over me. That was really sweet. This morning another guy came up to me in the prayer room and started prophesying over me as well some things were also related to what the others said yesterday. Sweet stuff.

Today there is a day of fasting for the staff there were a lot of people in the prayer room between 10 and 12, for the last half hour or so the worship team started prophesying with their instruments they started playing something between jazz and tango, and I danced with all my might until I ran out of breath then had a couple of minutes break and started dancing again. It was so much fun and I could really sense the pleasure of God as people all over started dancing for him and simply enjoying his presence and the music which comes from Him through man back to Him.

Anyway ttyl

No comments: