Monday, July 30, 2007

30/07/07

Hey all

So how have thing been goin for u?
Here umm. Its different. Even the fact that u can go to a pray in a prayer room with other people 24/7, its close to where I live so its even better. I love that, also the atmosphere is so creative, the fact that there is so much music going on 24 7 and also a lot of it spontaneous it spurs more creativity, like start singing new songs just like that I forget them by the time 5 minutes have passed but u know.

The day before yesterday I felt God tell me dance for me, I was like OK. Some of u know what my dancing is like, so its interesting, but then I little by little I kinda lost my awareness of people around me and just let go and started using my legs and feet which I never did before, it was sweet I really enjoyed it, he did it again yesterday. I guess it’s both intercession and worship.

Saturday night I went out with some people to do evangelism, it was good except for one event. I started witnessing to this one guy, and he came up with every single issue people normally come up with. Like other religions and stuff like that, I spent 20 minutes talking to him, then suddenly his eyes changed and he starting speaking to me with authority and then started speaking in tongues. It turned out he was a leader from ihop and basically he was just playing me. Or maybe he saw it as training me who knows. Any way then we just talked for a bit and we continued going round witnessing.

One thing I noticed is most people are individuals, I mean most people have friends and I heard its really easy to make friends and in some ways its true if ur the kind of person who just walks up to people which im not, so mostly I hang out with people from the house and also made friend with those that do evangelism.

Yesterday morning I went to the service at IHOP Mike Bickle spoke about purity in general but focused a lot on sexual immorality, he challenged us using Job 31:1 (among many others):

I made a covenant with mine eyes; why then should I think upon a maid?

So he challenged us to make a covenant with our eyes, powerful stuff, he used a lot of other verses showing how lust is displeasing to God, and how we need to make a choice not to last and to resist temptation. He also mentioned how a lot of travelling ministers end up in sin, because first they are brought to exhaustion and therefore weakness and then using some emotional stuff satan lures them into giving in to sexual immorality, obviously this goes for everyone not just travelling preachers.

Yesterday evening we went to the 24/7 prayer boiler room, that something separate from IHOP, part of a movement that started in England, they aren’t doing 24/7 yet at least not in KC. Those who met Andy (Marty’s friend) he is part of this movement leading the urban monastery in Calgary Canada. It was interesting I never hear a sermon like that before. Mostly it was about beauty. Which she referred to as the awe of creation or of something else I don’t remember. She started by asking what is beauty, and challenged society’s views of beauty which change with time and fashion. She also gave a lot of details about a lot of different creatures like bees, different kinds of flowers, referring to the detail of design, showing both how impossible it is for them to have come by chance and also how when we live in awe of things around us we live in worship. Like we can live in awe of what we see, hear, feel, taste… we had actually been talking about the pleasure of eating before we left home and also the day before. And someone have mentioned that food is God’s love mad edible. MMMMMMM

This morning I went to prayer room early but ended up dosing off so I came to the cafeteria and started writing this email.

This evening I should be going out with the homeless ministry, I don’t know what that’s going to be like. Please pray about this stuff.

Peace

No comments: