Saturday, September 1, 2007

1/9/07

Yesterday morning we didn’t do much just looked up different flights and stuff like that. Please pray we might still go to Algeria, David one of the guys coming with us feels we should go to Algeria, I found some chap flights between Tunisia and Morocco just in case we don’t manage to get in. there is an air line called Clickair, it’s very cheap.

In the evening well at night we went out witnessing (Fabian, a friend of his (Joseph) and a friend (Angela) of his friend)at the gay community, first we did some one on one then Fabian and I preached (I lost my voice). While I was preaching a policeman came to stop us Fabian started talking to Him coz legally he has no right to stop us, he knew he couldn’t stop us so he called in more police, 2 more cars came and 4 policemen showed up, they were more polite but they were looking for an excuse to get us in trouble, when they found out we knew enough of the law about street preaching they brought another excuse saying we gathered a crowd which we later found out wasn’t illegal either.

There was no crowd before they came so I asked where the crowd was and they pointed to us 4 we were not a crowd because we were dispersed before the police showed up so that was pretty lame. Anyway we agreed to move to the opposite side, we didn’t want to move because we would be their puppets and then if we moved they could easily kick us out of the other side also.

On the other side we didn’t preach, the other 2 sat down I wasn’t sure what was going to happen while Fabian and I were talking about that 2 guys from Heartland (Steve Hill’s church) and they told us they had around 40 people coming out just to worship and witness. So we were pretty excited we were stopped and then God sent us reinforcements.

So what happened was we just formed a circular crowd with a drum and guitar in the middle and just worshipped with the same song from around 10:00 to 1:30. And what they did was (there was normal one on one witnessing) but they also just asked people if they wanted to experience the power of God and if they said yes they took to the centre of the circle and everyone just prayed over them and worshipped.
It was so cool there were 2 guys slain in the spirit. First there was this one guy without a T-shirt and he got slain, then I went to pee when I came back there was another guy on the floor and the other guy was standing, after a while I didn’t see the second guy but the first guy was back on the floor. They later helped him stand up but it was a bit hard, so sat him down talked, prayed.

Later they called me and another guy to check something out coz we were close, we went and he started showing us his ring, he said this was a plain silver band (ring) and He showed us how in the bottom of it there was cross carved out. He was like “I was a gay atheist, I wouldn’t wear a cross” basically God gave him this sign, he branded him.

While he was showing us this stuff, a guy and a girl started talking to me they were just playing around kind of making fun, I could tell from their voice but I later even saw them wink at each other, anyway they were saying something and this guy just stood up started talking to them for about a minute coz he couldn’t stand very long and telling them how they needed to have an open mind. I left and ignored them soon after that.

He also started turned round and said no when one lesbian started screaming at them that this stuff is s**t. That was very cool. In the mean time the police showed up, first one guy then 2 more cars and then they kept on coming, I know there were 5 police cars there all the time and maybe 6 at some points. First they tried to stop us but the guy had been the proper research that same day so they knew they even wage a protest as long we didn’t block the way for people to walk they couldn’t stop us. So they just stood there and told us to stop at 1 or 1:30 I guess coz we stayed till 1:30.

It turned out to be a good thing they were there some people got really aggressive, one guy started running into are crowd with fists in the air, when they tried to hold him coz he was going towards 2 kids he started crying for help from the police, it turned out the police had seen the whole thing so they arrested him, one of the leaders had gone to get more police before as he was getting aggressive by the time they came the other policeman had him. He went to jail for 8 hours I heard.

The weirdest thing was when I was witnessing to one guy and he was looking at me like a piece of meat and hitting on me. I saw at least one other guy checking me out. One girl got onto the face of the guy with the camera who was there filming, she was trying to get the camera I went up to them coz they were 3 girls and one guy, then another leader came as well. She was like “why are you here?” and she kept repeating that, then I told her “we are here because you have just as much right to here the message of truth and freedom as I did” then she said ”whatever”.

As we were leaving we also prayed for the lady who came out with us, mostly for financial provision and work coz she has been struggling and also for her knees, was really blessed. There was a lot of activity last night; we got home at 2:50.

No comments: