Monday, October 1, 2007

catching up

1/10/07



Hey there s a lot of catching up to do at this point. Since my last email a lot of things have happened I’ve been to 5 countries after leaving the states.



Ok so I left the states on the 17 September got an 8 hour flight to UK, didn’t sleep at all just watched a couple of movies and unsuccessfully tried to sleep. After landing in Gatwick I took a bus tide to Luton, I had been hoping to go to the Guildford boiler room but I was really tight with time. I slept quite a bit on the 2 hour bus ride, got to Luton 2 hours before check in started so I went around looking for something cheap to eat, and for the place I was supposed to check in. all that was done in the first half an hour or so, so then I put my baggage opposite the check in desk and slept on them. After checking in I went to the gate upstairs and slept again. I got home all safe and all that got to meet my family after almost 3 months, and good pasta, I also got to have pastizzi and maltese bread, by the next day.



My cousin, his family and Heath arrived on the same day, the next day David and his wife arrived. Wednesday night we had our first meeting where Fabian spoke, got to meet some people I hadn’t seen in a while. Friday night we had a youth meeting which was really good, I don’t think I had ever seen so many Christian youth meet together. A number of people committed their life for the gospel, I wonder if they truly understand what that means. Friday night we had another meeting, Sunday we split up into 2 groups David preached in one church and Fabian in another. I got to translate for David. Oh Saturday morning we did some witnessing at city gate, we met one of the first 2 Christian who got saved in Malta in recent history, he was passing out tracts when we got there, so it was encouraging for him when we joined him, Fabian was late as usual but He still managed to meet him, he was excited coz he had known Fabian since he was 5 or something.



Anyway Thursday 27th we flew to Tunisia we walked right through the border without any checks which was awesome considering we had probably around 30Kg of booklets with us which we were to take to morocco. We met with Brian who took us into his place for the time we were in Tunis. That was a huge blessing.



Things in Tunisia were slow, we only met the first Tunisian church on Saturday and we were leaving Sunday, so Sunday we met some in a church building, and in the evening we got to go celebrate a birthday party with them in a coffee shop type place. It was cool meeting with people and even they started doing some worship one of the songs was “like a rose” so everyone in this place and it was pretty large was just staring at us. Sunday David preached in one of the churches, they were really encouraged, they were even encouraged by our attempts at speaking Arabic let alone the message, which even the pastor had to stop translating at certain points to absorb it in.



At the party I met a guy who was asking for help, he was in a city further south, He was the only Tunisian believer there along with a foreign couple, there is a university in this city so while he is a student he also talks to students and gives them gospels, I didn’t understand everything he said about that, but I know he does it, he also told me that once he went up on a mountain and saw a village which had probably never been reached with the gospel. So he was asking for help and since then I’ve been considering going there for a month to help him out, I would like to do that before January, it’s very hard from certain aspects but I’m a son of the King He will take care of all I need. So I need to pray about that it would have to be after the end of Ramadan.



We did some witnessing but not that much, people are very hungry, well curious wanting to learn more about what we believe and stuff, we gave a few tracts to people we met and a couple of new testaments, we prayed with a crippled guy and gave him a tract we also tried to give him a gospel but he refused. With Ramadan there is a lot of activity going on at night so that’s where we usually got to witness, even though it wasn’t really that much.



Sunday afternoon we got a flight to Barcelona, we had to spend the night there and get the other flight the next morning. Barcelona is expensive, it’s beautiful in architecture and graffiti all over, everyone dressed in differently European fashion, beautiful clothes but very expensive. We spent a long time looking for a hotel or hostel that was affordable, after finding one with a halfway decent price we spent some time looking for cheap food, we just ended up eating at Mc Donald’s. the next this morning we left the hotel early got a bus to the airport and left for Casablanca.



We got through customs really easy they didn’t check us at all for the second time (we are favoured) some people who had a lot of luggage we checked we didn’t have that much. We got a taxi (Huge rip off, 30 euros from airport to centre) he took us to a hotel, which is pretty expensive but we were told to get something cheaper it would have to be a rubbish hotel that is not safe. We met with a local and negotiated a cheaper price 10 euros less per night plus breakfast at 6:30 pm (coz of Ramadan). We also got rid of all the booklets which is a great blessing, not having to carry all that weight around. They were also blessed by it, we went to their house had mint tea and something else (some kind of pastry) talked a bit with them. On our way to the hotel he drove us past the second largest mosque in the world right up the road from where we live. We were planning to go out tonight but it seems everyone has fallen asleep. Tomorrow we are going to another town further north.



I think that’s it for now

Peace to all in the Name of Jesus Christ our bridegroom King

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Massagem, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://massagem-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.